Many gathered at the New York City Kimlau Square Park to attend the 2011 American Legion September 11th Remembrance Service conducted by the Lt. B. R. Kimlau Chinese Memorial Post 1291, Department of New York, last night. The Honorable Judge Randall Eng conducted the ceremony. "Striking the Four Five", Candlelight ceremony, Laying of the Memorial Wreath, Bell Tolls, and Ceremonial Rifle Volleys and "Taps" were conducted at this Remembrance Service. Many members of the Kimlau Post 1291 (the Legion, Auxiliary and the Sons) attended as well as many members of local associations and members of the Chinatown community. Many distinguished guests attended this ceremony and the following speakers gave remarks:
- Fang A. Wong, the American Legion Organization National Commander
- Kris Nelson, the American Legion Auxiliary National President
- Margaret Chin, NYC Council Member
- Grace Meng, NYS Assembly Member
- Peter Koo, NYC Council Member
- Sheldon Silver, Speaker of the NYS Assembly
- Daniel Squadron, NYS Senator
- Rosemary Yu, Assistant District Attorney, on behalf of the New York County District Attorney Cyrus Vance, Jr.
Thank you for all those who attended.